1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hey Ray, I understand the excitement. take some photos of when they get dropped off and are being unpacked.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Like Tony said, pictures are in order when they arrive!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hobby?

I thought I was going to save money doing this instead of a boat this year......Hmmmmmm It seems like I MAY have been mistaken!

;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Save money?! Yeah right... :)

I find this hobby to be more time consuming and cost consuming than any others that I have.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I know what you mean, My wife has said that if I want to upgrade anything I must sell something and come out even in the end without putting any extra money in.
I love her so much:T

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forgot to put up some pics.

Above is overall view

sub right side below

and the left

close up with grills removed

the Epiks are MONSTERS......:devil:

Hope you enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow, they look huge in that room. Out of curiosity have you tried placing the Emo mains upside down to keep the tweeter closer to ear level?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think he means the SyFy logo on the screen. Those logo's are a royal pain. They interfere with the picture on just about every station. I think the stations put them there to discourage copying. I too wish there was some way to get rid of them. Those subs look like the bomb!!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
That is a fine looking setup. Just curious about how the Emotiva speakers sound, we had another member awhile back asking about them and haven't seen or heard anything about them untill now, they are a good looking speaker.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ray in kingwood...

looks amazing but...

-I think your mains are set up wrong.. as far as I know, in that sort of design a tweeter should be on the inside.. otherwise if you're sitting in between the two speakers, the mid-woofers will reduce the fidelity of the tweeters' sound. Tweeters are also supposed to be ear-level for best results.

:T though! :T

1 - 20 of 32 Posts