Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought this relay:
Amazon.com: OMRON RELAY 12 VDC 15A: Electronics

it's a 12v relay that switches the AC power source on and off.
here's how it works:
-you connect a 12v AC to DC adaptor on your receiver's switched outlet ... the other end is connected to the relay.
-then you build a socket where you will plug your behringer feedback destroyer (for example) and then a plug that you will connect directly to your AC source.
-when the relay senses a 12v current, it let's the AC source connected to it pass through, voila, a 12v triggered amp of BFD.

waivers:
employ an electrician to do this for you if have no idea what you are doing ... this can potentially be a fire hazard or it can electrocute you (we are dealing with AC voltage here)

this is for 10A and below only ... i've used this myself on my Behringer A500. it would be safer if you build one set of this for EACH amp.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see the relay, but not the other parts you'd need- what do you mean 'build a socket'?
female outlet. where you will plug the equipment to be turned on.

Receiver Switched outlet AC -> 12v adapter -> relay

from the wall AC -> relay -> socket (female outlet)

i had bookmarked the page I followed the instructions from, but now it's a dead link.

i'll try to upload the page i saved when i get back to my work PC on nov. 5.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice easy solution. Anything that makes life easier deserves 2 thumbs up. :T :T

I am glad to see you found a solution that works for you.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I've got a situation I've got to figure out. I have my Behringer EP2500 in the rear of the room next to my DIY sub. Everything else is in the front and powers on with the remote macro. I have to manually turn the EP2500 on and off... and forget to most of the time.

I suppose I could get another Panamax unit and place one of them at the EP2500 and run a long 12 volt trigger cable back there from my preamp to the Panamax. I just hate to spend a couple hundred dollars for a Panamax unit.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sonnie,

too bad you guys have 110v which makes the ep2500 come close to the 10A limit of the relay ... otherwise you could build the 12v trigger.

what about building a switch (pictured above) that's close to your listening position.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
There's really no way to get that switch close to the listening position... no place to hide the wire.

I'll probably end up buying a used Panamax or Monster unit.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
thanks.

i got a 12v trigger built using a relay (but can't find my pics) for those with only one or two units.

i'll look for it. :scratch:
mike c...

I'm rather curious to know why you need a 12v. relay to switch the mains...
I realise that most commercial power switches are only rated at 10 amps., but you can get Industrial switches that will handle 20 amps. or more, without the complications involved in using a relay..

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mike c...

I'm rather curious to know why you need a 12v. relay to switch the mains...
I realise that most commercial power switches are only rated at 10 amps., but you can get Industrial switches that will handle 20 amps. or more, without the complications involved in using a relay..
back when I only had one behringer amp ... I built the 12v trigger (connected to the mains and then the 12v side to the receiver). I wanted the behringer on (or off) when I toggle the power either on my receiver remote or universal remote ... no more walking to the amp to turn it on or off.

it's like the behringer had a 12v trigger.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
back when I only had one behringer amp ... I built the 12v trigger (connected to the mains and then the 12v side to the receiver). I wanted the behringer on (or off) when I toggle the power either on my receiver remote or universal remote ... no more walking to the amp to turn it on or off.

it's like the behringer had a 12v trigger.
:bigsmile: :T

1 - 17 of 17 Posts