Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if one 15" subwoofer with Two 15 PR's would work for home theater. Was looking at a TC 15" driver and two 15" PR's from CCS. Box can't be any deeper than 16" but length and height are almost unlimited. Going to drive it with a Behringer 3000 DSP

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for now I'm going to try my hand at building a PR sub. I have a Dayton MK lll sub and will be ordering a Bash 500 and CCS 15" PR. I really need help with the size of the cabinet. Could someone point me in the right direction. Want the sub for 70% movies and 30% music, so tuned to around 20 hz

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Not recommended for a single 15" CSS PR. The PR excursion is just past its limit and would probably start making noise. Plus the fact that single PR moving at 33 mm one way is going to cause a rocking motion of the cabinet unless it's built super heavy.

The modeling is with two CSS 12" PR's with 450 grams of mass added to each PR. PR designs are usually done in pairs with the PR's mounted opposed to each other to cancel out any rocking motion.

stilly 12 titianic.JPG

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So would two 15" PR's work with the 12 driver? Wanted to buy the 15" pr's now to try something out cause when we get closer to finishing our new house I was going to use them with a 15" sub build in the new theater room.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Either the TC sounds or the SI but need to find out what shipping would be to Canada. I may try and see if CCS would mind bringing it into Canada for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts