Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing a decent sale on the HD200X, and am trying to decide if I should go for it. MOney is a bit tight, but, I can swing it if it is worth it. I am currently sitting about 8" from a 92" screen. Can't really get any further away due the room itself. Now, I have found graphs that tell me that I should be using a 1080p projector for that size screen and viewing distance, but I am looking for feedback from someone who has actually seen a difference (or not).
Its not that I am unhappy with the picture I am currently getting, but, I am always interested in something better. Plus, I can probably get a decent price for the HD65 right now.
Opinions?

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
I have seen several write ups of people who have had the HD65 and then upgraded to the HD20..
All say that they see an improvement in image quality with the HD20..

With your short viewing distance, I would advise you to get the HD20 if at all possible..
My HD65 does a very good job, with just a viewing distance of 9' from an 8'6" wide screen, but then I'm not zooming to fill the screen..

If the HD20 is not within your budget at this time , then the HD65 will do fine..
Do you currently have an HD projector?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen several write ups of people who have had the HD65 and then upgraded to the HD20..
All say that they see an improvement in image quality with the HD20..

With your short viewing distance, I would advise you to get the HD20 if at all possible..
My HD65 does a very good job, with just a viewing distance of 9' from an 8'6" wide screen, but then I'm not zooming to fill the screen..

If the HD20 is not within your budget at this time , then the HD65 will do fine..
Do you currently have an HD projector?
Currently have an HD65. HD20 is on my horizon, I believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at that myself. I have decided not to go for the HD200X. The HC3800 looks like it might be worth saving the extra $500 or so for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts