Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You live in the states. Get some cheap Audio Technica ATH-M50's for just over $100. They're amazing headphones.
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing:D

My B-Day is next month and I'm gonna ask my wife for the AT-M50's.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing:D

My B-Day is next month and I'm gonna ask my wife for the AT-M50's.
I have ATH-M40fs with the flat response, long straight cable and native 1/4" plug. Two of these things, I do not like. I can't wait for M50's with a nice coiled cord.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have ATH-M40fs with the flat response, long straight cable and native 1/4" plug. Two of these things, I do not like. I can't wait for M50's with a nice coiled cord.
You don't like the straight cord? Most people on the headphone forums that I frequent seem to prefer the straight cord version of the M50's.

BTW, how do like the sound of the M40's? I was thinking about the M40's as well but almost everyone raves about the M50's so that's why I'm leaning in that direction.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You don't like the straight cord? Most people on the headphone forums that I frequent seem to prefer the straight cord version of the M50's.

BTW, how do like the sound of the M40's? I was thinking about the M40's as well but almost everyone raves about the M50's so that's why I'm leaning in that direction.
I do like the sound but as us types always say, it could be better. I CAN feel the bass with Daft Punk and dare I say, the cover of Earache In My Eye (Cheech and Chong song) by KoRn. There's a nice bass sweep on the 5 string's A string that can be felt and some Fear Factory stuff with good bass drum sound can be felt as well. The reason I dislike the straight cord is because there's too much. I have an ipod touch and I like to listen to music on the go and during breaks. The fact that it has a native 1/4" jack is a double annoyance as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do like the sound but as us types always say, it could be better. I CAN feel the bass with Daft Punk and dare I say, the cover of Earache In My Eye (Cheech and Chong song) by KoRn. There's a nice bass sweep on the 5 string's A string that can be felt and some Fear Factory stuff with good bass drum sound can be felt as well. The reason I dislike the straight cord is because there's too much. I have an ipod touch and I like to listen to music on the go and during breaks. The fact that it has a native 1/4" jack is a double annoyance as well.

Thanks for the info!:T

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Theresa said:
Yes me too, the Skullcandies I have are horrible.
The FMJ's that I picked up aren't too bad at all. The 4kz range is definitely too high for me, but a little EQ makes these things sound golden. There's a screenshot of the iPhone app (it's called EQu) that I use to EQ them. I'm not sure how it will show up for you guys, but on my phone it's very zoomed in. I'll upload it through photobucket instead.

Here's the photobucket upload:

Seems like I can't edit the old picture out from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking around for some new in-ear headphones and ran across Skullcandy's stuff. Specifically the FMJ's and Titans…Which would you guys recommend?
Hey sub_junkie,

I own a set of Titans and for the money, they are quite good: linear and uncolored. That said, they aren't the most comfortable earphones on the market, nor do they have the accentuated bass some other products exhibit, which I consider a plus. I prefer honesty in reproduction, since I can alway EQ "to taste," rather than having my gear impose permanent EQ or color. I use my Titans as a back-up to my standard in-ear headset for travel, a pair of Klipsch X10i. If you're curious about the Klipschs, head to blogcritics and search for a posting called "Product Review: Sennheiser’s IE 7 and Klipsch’s X10i in–ear phones"

BTW, for critical listening, I have a pair of Etymotic ER6 in-ears and Audez’e LCD-2 circumaurals when I'm at home, and the Titans, at a tiny fraction of the price, hold up quite well (within their limitations) against the fancier stuff.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if your looking for in ear headphones i would recommend klipsch s4's which are awesome, i have my klipsch's pair with a dac and they are awesome.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts