Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some curved upward horizontal convergence grids at the very bottom when in consumer advanced convergence. My convergence adjustments work correctly, the grid lines are white and it holds convergence great. The picture looks great in HD and 480i. The picture does not appear curved to my eyes but the black borders on either side of the image when displayed, are slightly bowed in. Is this adjustable thru service convergence? Otherwise the set at 9 years old looks great. It was moved to my residence about 4 months ago and was re converged once placed in the living room and was noticed then.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It is adjustable but can be difficult to straighten out without a reference. A laser level that generates a line can be useful, or just a straight edge or string.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, you are saying a reference line placed on the screen must be done. But what do I do thru advanced user convergence to move the line? Do I move the blinking brackets to the outer edges of the grid and raise first the red then the blue up? thanks for the reply

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You cannot do it in user convergence. You will have to go into the service convergence mode because you will also have to adjust the green. You may mess up surrounding lines or create a different distortion somewhere else. The geometry is not perfect, and you may end up trading errors in geometry or convergence to get what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts