Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given this TV from a buddy because it would not power on. I replaced the 7 caps on the DM board and it powered right up. However, after about 5-10 minutes the unit shuts down and resets itself, after which I can power it right back up, but the cycle repeats. I've also noticed the TV also goes through this cycle even if I don't actually have the set powered on. Any ideas to what this could be? I do know that the caps I got from Radio Shack were 1000uF, 35v, but only rated to 85 degrees. Could this be the source of the issue? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to spend alot of money on a 6 year old TV I got for free. Thanks!

Jimmy Morgan

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Try unplugging the control panel and see if it continues to go through reset cycles. May be a bad switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 2 plugs there, which one would you disco, the black or white? disregard

Sorry there are 2 plugs, one labeled CC and the other ZF.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The one that goes to the control panel, or both. The other just goes to the inputs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TV was on for about 30 min, then went out. When I turn it back on it gives the power loss message on the screen.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I'd be looking for a problem in the reset circuit. Seems like I recall one of these with a bad reset IC a few years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A cable box hooked up through composite cables. I could understand the tv powering off but not the power resetting
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any chance you could point me in the right direction on where to locate the reset circuit/reset IC on this tv? I could post the service manual if needed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Reset circuits are generally in the vicinity of the microprocessor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts