Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a WS-55807 that I've had since 2000. About 4-5 years ago I had a board or two replaced by a technician while it was still under warranty. Up until today it was working perfectly fine.

I went to turn it on earlier today and it wouldn't display an input and with the menu up it really shows what it's doing.

TV Image link if the above isn't showing

After looking around the net I stumbled upon these forms and saw this post http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/mitsubishi/26267-ws-55809-problem-w-pictures-attached.html. After reading through I took the back cover off and looked around to see if there was anything noticeable like the burn area in that thread. After looking all the boards over I didn't notice anything and it all seemed fine.

I also tried to get the service code using the menu / input method after the tv is on and it didn't blink at all. Maybe I wasn't doing it properly?

So I'm basically looking for help on the issue and if it's something I can fix on my own. If I try and use a repair man for it I don't really see it being worth the $300-400 they are probably going to charge me since the tv is so old and that would be half the cost of a new one. But if it is something I can fix relatively cheap I'd like to keep the beast going.

If anyone can steer me in the right direct it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your talking about the ones through the menu then I can't access them. It seems to freeze shortly after that menu pops up. I can change inputs but it does the same skewed view on every input. I have been throughout the life of the tv gone and done adjustments through the menu maybe once every month or two to try and keep them aligned pretty well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts