Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a WS-55807 which was made in 2001. About a month ago, the audio and the picture messed up, the audio went out first, followed by the picture the next morning.

When the audio gave out, the set made a loud bang/pop sound and the volume became really loud, as if I turned the volume near max (volume bar was about 5 clicks from being "off"). Now, the volume will either be off (bar all the way to the left) or really loud, even if it is one click from off.

The picture problem only occurs sometimes, about 70% of the time. The picture looks like it tries to fold up in the corners (this occured more when the problem first started), the screen will "shift" sometimes as well. The color will sometimes be normal, but sometimes it is black & white, or a light shade of purple. I've noticed if I unplug the set and let it sit for 30 minutes or so and try again, it will be normal most of the time until I turn off the set.

These problems occur on every input.

I did the diagnostic test and it gave a 1-2 reading, which I think means no error was found, right?

Would the two problems have a common source?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Possibly a coolant leak on the signal board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts