Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The television is Mitsubishi (HD 1080 series WS-55809) and is 7 years old. It was fine last night until I tried to watch a movie just now. The built-in menu and idle blue screen are not affected by this. When in scramble or no signal (random black and white dots), the lines are white. I thought it was the dvd player at first, but I tried 3 different players and the lines still show up.

Here are the pics:

My questions are: What is the problem and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks guys.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The problem will need more troubleshooting to determine exactly where it is and I would suggest taking it to a professional.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but, my ws-65869 does this with 480i from any input, even the analog tuner. 480p & 1080i is ok, from the inputs that can accept it. I think there's a board that does the line doubling.
John

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would not make assumptions about what board is repsonsible without doing some troubleshooting. It may be repairable at the component level and may not require a board, which is very likely unavailable anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2HDW board off Ebay for $40. I thought I should grab it while it's available.
My more pressing problem is the continuous flashing LED. So far it has cleared after up to several hours with power removed and/or a reset. I'm gonna order some new caps for the DM although the caps in it are not the Jamicon's and they are all ready 105d caps. I don't want to tear into this thing again without some parts on hand.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts