Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ws-65819 error code 24

So I go to watch a game last week and turn on the set. Power light comes on then goes off.
After some research I do an error check and it give me 24. It is a vertical deflection failure.
So more research and I get a set of convergence chips, resistors and fuses from a reputable online source. Sanyo stk.
Put these chips into place and checked all of the related resistors and pico fuses. They were good.
So I started it back up, same symptom, same code.
Anyone have more ideas before I call for the 'pros'?
There were two additional pico fuses on the other board that I did not check...should I bother?

thanks,
R

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
2-3 codes indicate a deflection failure, not necessarily vertical. Convergence is something different and failures there usually produce 2-2 codes (short detect on low voltage supplies).

You can certainly check the other fuses, but you really need to troubleshoot a deflection problem. If you don't understand the difference between convergence and deflection, you probably should consult a professional. There is no single common symptom-repair relationship for a 2-3 error. You could check the larger output transistors for a short, and look for obvious problems, but if you are not familiar with TV defelction circuits and troubleshooting techniques, you probably need some professional service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I noticed I mistyped the error. It was a 2-4 error.

I'd still like to give it a go on my own first...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts