Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three months ago I replaced the convergence chip in my T.V and everything has been working fine, until yesterday when the power went out to my house. I was watching the T.V when the power shut down and then cycled about three times within a couple of minutes. After that all I got was a flashing green indicator on the T.V. I tried unplugging it several times for different durations but still nothing. I then opened the back and checked all the fuses including the DM module and all check out OK. Any suggestions on where to go next? This is a WS55511 about 4-5 years old.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If the timer led blinks continuously, change the 1000 uF caps in the DM power supply. Don't test them, change them. If you do that and the fuses are good, you have a more complex problem that will require professional troubleshooting skills. The vast majority, however, are fixed with the caps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the caps with new ones I bought from Mouser and now it's back up and running! This is the second time you've saved my butt, not to mention totally impressing my wife. Thank you once again for all the help you provide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts