Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying:

My 55809 is dead. It seems one of the CRT's leaked onto one of the boards and ate it for lunch (even though there is a sheild!) Mits does not offer the board, would have to send old board for repair.

Don't know:

Who to send it to
What it might cost
Whether it is wise to put the money into an 8yr old "BigBox"

Any help/thoughs greatly appreciated!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: Mitsubishi WS-55809 does not power on

Your post will be moved to a new thread to maintain forum organization.

There is a link discussing coolant leaks. Before you do anything or have anyone else do anything read it and the related posts above it carefully:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-repair-maintenance/8019-crt-based-rptv-coolant-problems.html#post67460

If you just want to have the board repaired, if it is not too damaged to fix, you can try PTS Electronics. You might check with the local Mits ASCs and see if any of them have experience fixing these boards with coolant damage. I fix them all the time, but I do not have a jig to test that one and would need the entire chassis to troubleshoot and repair it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Mitsubishi WS-55809 does not power on

Thanks for the quick reply!

I see that these (2001 area 55ws) sell for around $350.00 now. Do you think I chasing my tale to have it worked on? (it is nothing I'm capable of)

Thanks again.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It depends. Without knowing the condition of your tubes, whether the leak is ongoing, and how badly the board is damaged, it is impossible to say. It also depends on whether you have someone locally who is very experienced with the problem. Like I said, I fix Mitsubishis with coolant leaks all the time. Some, however, are not worth messing with, if the tubes are shot or the damage is too great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts