Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have had a Mits Wsb55 since 2004. It saw no use from 2005-2010, when in January I took it from storage and began to use it as our family tv. It worked fine until last week when it suddenly stopped powering up. After perusing the various threads, I've come to the conclusion that my front panel is not working (as in, no button responses nor LEDs). As per suggestion in another thread, I disconnected the front panel and tried to turn the tv on via the remote. Doing so produced a click, as if the tv were turning on, followed a few seconds later by another tick (perhaps saying it was turning off).

I put a multimeter on many test sites (according to the service manual), and all seemed to have power coming, and going to them. I was at a loss, and decided to take a step away from it for a bit. Upon returning, however, I found myself unable to to produce the clicking noise again no matter what.

Being that it is the holiday season, I am unable to drop a couple of hundred into having it serviced - nor am I willing if it is something I can do on my own. Any ideas?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You will have to troubleshoot the unit. If you don't get any response, some voltages must not be present. I would get the service manual and check again, then report what is correct and what is not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Leonard. I am going to pull the chassis out tomorrow and go to work. I noticed a faint smell of something burning when I got my face down close... which is a bummer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts