Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some reading here and on the net and have been able to pull the error code on the unit. The error code is 2-3. Thats 2 flashes..pause..3 flashes. Here is what the TV is doing. When you go to turn the tv on it will shut right off, but if you continue to turn it on sometimes it will stay on for awhile. Other times it will just stay off? Now I did have 2 power outs in the same night that I'm sure sent a surge thru the tv. I have not yet pulled the cover to see if any fuses are gone, cause I going to guess there are based on some of the stuff that I've read? My question is what does this code mean and what can I do to move forward and fix it? I'm good with an iron and I'm very hands so where to now? Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If any fuses were open you would never get it to turn on. 2-3 is a deflection problem, IIRC, but you need to verify that in the service or training manual. If it does relate to a power surge, my guess would be capacitors that are marginal, but that is just a guess. Repair will require troubleshooting that is beyond the scope of this forum. Deflection problems can require some familiarity with television circuits that is beyond the ability of many DIYers, so proceed with care.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. WIth that being the case I know you said its hard to tell at this point, but do you that this model is worth the repair? Its 5yrs old to me and it was a floor model? Any guess on what this COULD cost to get fixed?? Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
How did the pix look before it failed? Like new or notably worn?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looked fine before, but I really noticed the difference after the problem occured. I'm not sure if the error is the result of what the new picture lookes like? It looks like the colors are not correct but its ok??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other thing is based on what the code says it is it doesnt really fit my symptoms does it? I would think I would have more picture problems rather than a turn on turn off problem?? I was expecting a 2-2 error code based on what I've been reading and what the TV is doing??

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I do not understand. Do you have a picture? The set should be in shutdown if you get an error code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts