Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, upon turning it on, my WT-46807 (owned since new in Jan/01) displayed no picture and no sound. Before that, it worked perfectly. It has about 1,500 hours on it total -- it's been a home theater TV only since mid-2005. It has about 1000 hours on it 2001-mid 2005 and about 500 hours on it mid-2005 to now (after being ISF'ed again for 480p and 1080i in mid-2005, when all things checked out just fine.)

The green LED lights up and that's it. Holding the 'Input' rocker and 'menu' button down at the same time do not produce any green LED flashes.

About 2 seconds after unplugging the set, I can hear a faint 'click' from inside (like a power-down "circuit click"). I can hear the same sound just after I plug it back in. The only time the LED flashes then is 3 quick times, about 2 seconds after plugging it in again. After that, it remains solid green and the set remains dead for picture and sound.

The guns have no light coming from them and I can detect no light inside any of their bases either in the lower access panel. I can't see anything else wrong in there, either. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Never seen this pattern of symptoms before. The set will require troubleshooting.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your choice, but it is not likely worth anything broken and it may not be that expensive to fix if you have someone nearby who is experienced on this kind of set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Some lucky person will get it free.

The way I look at it now, any money spent on it can go into a new flat panel next week instead. Too much time and money to chase a tech down before the holidays. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts