Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there using a x-10 controller to control devices I would appreciate any feedback on your
experiences,and or advice that will help me do this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is anyone out there using a x-10 controller to control devices I would appreciate any feedback on your
experiences,and or advice that will help me do this.
I am, I have my 3 behringer amps on x-10, my emotive xpa-3, and my whole house fan all on X-10.

For the amps I have a harmony one and part of the turn on sequence I have the IR to x-10 converter. So when I watch tv, different amps come on and them when I watch bluray more come on. Very easy to use. I also installed a x-10 extender in the breaker box so I could get coverage over the entire house. I use appliance modules to turn on the amps. For the whole house fan I use a heavy duty wall switch. The switch for the fan is upstairs and I just sit on the couch downstairs and use x-10 to turn it on. My amps are all addressed differently so I can turn them on and off as I wish. I also have the RF to x-10 remote so I can control anything from an x-10 RF remote also.
I like it and have been using it this way for 2 years, no failures so far. The website to buy x-10 is about the worse!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much for the info, I am still in the planning stage so when I start wiring and installing equipment
I may contact you for more info if don't mine.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts