Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the X-LS Encore kit with the full upgrades from Danny a while back and I have been slowly working on it. And I mean slowly... I've got all the cuts done and have started gluing up the cabinets. I will start to upgrade the crossovers sometime in the next few days. Here are a couple pics.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this so hopefully it comes out halfway decent.

I did do the roundover on the backside of the woofer holes however I noticed that some people did it in portions and not all the way around like I did. Will this matter? Will the screws for the woofer still have enough wood to drill into?

As far as finish I plan on doing a basic black rattle can - maybe satin or textured. Any tips/pointers from the experts is greatly appreciated.

I will hopefully be getting some more work done on these this weekend.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did do the roundover on the backside of the woofer holes however I noticed that some people did it in portions and not all the way around like I did. Will this matter? Will the screws for the woofer still have enough wood to drill into?
What you did was ideal, and there is plenty of wood thickness left for the screws.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Hope you are progressing on these and looking forward to your listening impressions. Speaker enclosures seem to be more challenging than subwoofers, so we see less of them. The people at HTS have always helped me, even when simply getting feedback I was doing something correctly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still working on these but I haven't had a lot of time lately with the heat and family being in town the past few weeks.

Hopefully it will cool down soon so I can put in some extended time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still struggling to find the time to written on these but they're almost all glued up then I'll give them a good sanding. Then after that I'll hit them with some bondo.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
No need to rush, just enjoy the build! You're going to be looking & admiring these babies for a long time & you will apprecitate your effort more & more as time goes on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts