Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sons Xbox is in need of a hard drive for more storage capabilities. They are pretty expensive new.
I saw one for 70 shipped but it's remanufactured.
I have never bought anything remanufactured before and I want to know if it's safe buying remanufactured items.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
yes and know.. they're a bit cheaper , but not worth the added risk of having something that's failed once, fail again in my opinion. I don't mind buying refurbs for a lot of things, but hard drives aren't one of them

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes and know.. they're a bit cheaper , but not worth the added risk of having something that's failed once, fail again in my opinion. I don't mind buying refurbs for a lot of things, but hard drives aren't one of them
Thank you! I see what you mean. I might as well spend an additional $70 and play it safe.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and bought the hard drive at Best Buy today for $129. I figured it was best to not chance it buying refurbished plus it came with four downloadable game codes.
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can get a refurbished 20gb x360 "fat" hard drive for like $20. All you have to do is take it out of the "fat" enclosure and put the HD into the slim HD slot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts