Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have 2 of 4 audiopulse epic 10's right now and I am planning to power them with a Behringer EP4000.
I have a minor question, since I am not going to use a highpass filter on them, will the speakers exceed their xmax/xmech when it goes into the infrasonic range?
Here's a graph showing max output power with the 4 speakers.

Thanks much!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well I have 2 of 4 audiopulse epic 10's right now and I am planning to power them with a Behringer EP4000.
I have a minor question, since I am not going to use a highpass filter on them, will the speakers exceed their xmax/xmech when it goes into the infrasonic range?
Here's a graph showing max output power with the 4 speakers.

Thanks much!:D
The alignment isn't smooth like it should be. I don't think this isn't an LLT suitable driver based on it's size and relatively low xmax for a TC Sounds driver. Models are helpful in determining predicted behavior, but Illka's subwoofer tests usually show a major increase in distortion past 30hz for smaller drivers. I don't want you to end up with an overly distorted sub build, but you could always build a new box if you don't like the results.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a little question, could anyone send me some designs so I can get a basic idea what to do...This is the first multi-driver sub I have done...Like do I want them all facing the same way or 2 on one side 2 on the other?
thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks no not yet...Still deciding on whether to use 2x4's for braces or regular wood, plus I need to make some blueprints of what to do. Also get the money to order them, and still need to call PE because they accidentally sent me another speaker that I didn't pay for:gah:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I will I cant wait!!!:bigsmile:
now for the port how much clearance do you normally do if its a down firing port? I am probably going to make it firing up though.
just know I am still new to this and my woodworking isn't that good...As you can see in my previous projects.(of which I still need to put on here their are some here though)
http://demi-pulse.deviantart.com/

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I thought,
Looking at it I am going to use about a 10.5" port with a resonance at 157, I am going to be crossing it at 60Hz. How much should I brace the port because I am planning to mostly use 2x4's to brace the box?
The box is going to be on its side and I am going to use the box's feet to create a 30degree angle. One dimension has to be less then 30" (so I can get it out of the house when I move out).
I will get you all more info when I am done with all these finals for school, and when I start the build I am going to put it in the build threads.

thanks for all your help!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.