Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XTZ 99 W10.16 Subwoofer​
By Jim Wilson (theJman)

So what's the bottom line? Put it this way; the XTZ 99 W10.16 is the fifth subwoofer I've tested, and it's the first one I'm keeping. Aside from a few minor complaints about things like feet that could be a little more sturdy, or bargain bin toggle switches, virtually everything else about this subwoofer is top notch. From a construction standpoint it exudes quality and heft, the sound is excellent and the configuration options are perhaps unsurpassed for this price range. Based upon my exposure to this sub I'd say there's another excellent ID company to choose from. XTZ deserves strong consideration from anyone looking for a quality product that delivers exemplary sound. This subwoofer is a winner in my book.

For the full review Click Here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I agree, it's a great sounding sub. Btw, have you seen the Sub Amp 1 DSP? This unit can easily be hooked up to any passive sub or replace an amp in an active sub....this is no joke anymore this is for real!! This gives you a moo baby moo of a sub :devil:

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Review

Yeah I agree, it's a great sounding sub. Btw, have you seen the Sub Amp 1 DSP? This unit can easily be hooked up to any passive sub or replace an amp in an active sub....this is no joke anymore this is for real!! This gives you a moo baby moo of a sub :devil:
I have seen the sub amps on their website, but not in person. I know XTZ has a wide variety of products, and if they're all as nice as the subwoofers are then it's a shame not more people in the US know of them.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: XTZ 99 W16.10 Subwoofer Review

It's funny you should mention that... I just sold my XTZ sub this week.

I owned three subs, but at this point I never have the opportunity to use any of them. I go from one review to the next now, and my subs are just gathering dust. Every so often I would drag them out and use one for a day or two, just to make sure it was still working, but that was about it. After deliberating for a while I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to use them in the foreseeable future, so it was time to part ways.

I'm also selling my Simply Sound Audio Rumba 12, another little gem that few have heard of. The only one I'm keeping is the unit I helped design -- the EbenLee ELA4, one in a series of three different models -- because it would be heresy to unload my own creation. :nono:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.