Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi... im new here. my name is Jay.
im just recently thinking of putting some extra audio boost into my 98 eclipse spyder. i was searching ebay for some subs and amps and i came across this one. im on somewhat of a budget so i wont be goin all out. please take a look at this and tell me if it would be a good buy. really appreciate it :)
this is what the ebay listing looks like:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is your chance to own a well known complete subwoofer system made by XXX. XXX series subwoofer system includes 2 subs, sub enclosure, car amp, & amp kit. This is everything you need to add some serious bass to your ride. 1 year warranty. Get yours today!

Amplifier: Amp Kit Included!

* 1200 Watts x 1 Channel Rated Power
* PWM MOSFET Power Supply
* THD: 0.02%
* Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 40 kHz
* Variable Crossover: High-Pass (75 Hz - 750 kHz), Low-Pass (50 - 150 Hz)
* 4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, DC Offset, and Overload

12" Subwoofers:

* Peak Power Handling: 1200 watts
* Oversized 40 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnet
* Frequency Response: 24 Hz - 1 kHz
* Efficiency: 87 dB

Enclosure:

* Fiberboard Construction
* Durable Ultra Black Carpeting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please give me your imput and any advice is more than appreciated. thanks :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never heard of XXX for an audio brand. They're certainly not one of the 'good, respected' brands if they do in fact exist. XXX is a line from RE, which is very expensive (~$1000), but it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about. I'd stay away from it unless you can find some postings about it that vouch for their quality.
Also, given that they only rate their amp and subs for peak power and not a continuous rating, it's safe to say that they're not up there in the quality. Most good products will give you both for a rating.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.ca/XXX-Car-Audio-2-12-Subs-Car-Amplifier-Amp-Kit-Sub-Box_W0QQitemZ220284151429QQihZ012QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For the price, don't expect too much in terms of performance. There is very little info on the subs and the 1200 Watts x 1 amp is probably less then 200 x 1 RMS. It'll get you going for now and you an always upgrade in the future when finances allow for it. For any car audio recommendations, try this forum. Lots of knowledge and experience there.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the heads up. like i said this is my first time buying an audio setup for my car and people always make things look better than they are for a sale. if anyone has any recommendations on a good amp+sub kit around a few hundred bucks, please let me know. my max budget as of rite now is around $500. any help would be appreciated :) thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks alot. i did a google search last night about car audio help and it showed me this website. so i posted on here :) im currently at work rite now so once i get home ill check out the website you posted for me. thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hifonics amps are supposed to give you the most power for the money while still maintaining good build quality and reliability. I've not had any experience with them - just what i've heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts