Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another area but maybe it should have been here?

I went to play a DVD tonight through my Yamaha 565 and Panasonic Blu Ray player but I can't get any sound now except through the TV. Even music CDs are now playing through the TV. It worked earlier today but all of a sudden stopped putting sound out. I also noticed that it shut off the other day as I was turning up the volume.

Any ideas other than replacing (which I will probably do next week)?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Check the HDMI setting for audio output, it should have an option for TV, AMP or TV/AMP. Make sure that it is in the amp or TV/AMP setting otherwise it would cause the problem you are explaining. Should be under setup then hdmi setup I believe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For whatever reason it won't go to that within the HDMI setup. Once I turned it back on this morning it worked again...weird. I think I might just exchange this receiver or something. I haven't been having the best of luck with these Yamaha's lately. This is my second one in the last month.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I would have suggested checking that your inputs are "assigned", being that it doesn't seem to be that and this is your second one in a month i might just switch up brands alltogether.:huh: Best of luck and be sure to post your outcome.:T

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't know what is going on. Just got home from dinner #1 and thought I would put the kid on a movie while mom makes food to go to dinner #2 and the dumb thing decided to stop working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts