Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While viewing several international sites I came upon a discussion within a Japanese Audio Forum regarding the coming Yamaha RX-V2800, with pictures.

Now who knows how this will eventually play out over here but here's what they reported regarding the preproduction models on display.

o 4 HDMI inputs all at 1.3
o True HD/DTS
o Master HD ?
o XVColor ?
o 1080p24

Nothing discussed regarding hopeful improvements to the OSD feature.

Models announced were RX-V1800/2800/3800/4800

The one shown was silver or titanium in color.

Not much but more than I knew previously.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the pics, the front panel display appears to be the same. As a matter of fact, the complete unit looks identical to existing models from the front. I was actually searching for a answer to the OSD/HDMI issue. I'm in the process of buying a 2700 and from what I can tell the OSD limitations are my only concern with respect to being upstaged by the coming model. If I knew the 2800 had this "fixed" I'd wait, but the pricing through my local dealer for the 2700 is hard to pass up without some justification.

·
Registered
73 Posts
my concern is which one has 2 HDMI out?:hail:

and what's video scaler do they use? Faroudja? HQV? Gennum? :scratchhead:

While viewing several international sites I came upon a discussion within a Japanese Audio Forum regarding the coming Yamaha RX-V2800, with pictures.

Now who knows how this will eventually play out over here but here's what they reported regarding the preproduction models on display.

o 4 HDMI inputs all at 1.3
o True HD/DTS
o Master HD ?
o XVColor ?
o 1080p24

Nothing discussed regarding hopeful improvements to the OSD feature.

Models announced were RX-V1800/2800/3800/4800

The one shown was silver or titanium in color.

Not much but more than I knew previously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.