Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Have you tried selecting different resolutions from the PCs graphics card menu when running through the receiver. Make sure that you dont have anything higher than a 60Hz setting when running through the receiver.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Thats odd as the receiver should have no issue with a 1920x1080 60Hz signal, Check the menu on the receiver and see if there is a setting under HDMI out that is not selected.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
There is usually a check box under the control panel that will force the graphics card to "display resolutions not supported by this monitor" Try enabling that.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Hi,

I believe I found out it was a limitation of the reciever
Bryan
Sadly this seems to be a big issue with Yamaha receivers. There is a handshake signal called High definition media protocol that it seems the Yamaha's have issues passing through and causes the signal via HDMI to be blocked. I know of three other Shack members with Yamaha receivers having this issue and a friend of mine as well.

· Premium Member
15,060 Posts
It looks like your receiver is automatic in setting the HDMI output. If your not getting video try a different cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.