· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a Yamaha RX-V365 which claims to support 1080p. My current setup is:

A media center PC with a video card with HDMI output
A 1080p plasma TV
Yamaha RX-v365

When i connect my HDMI out of my computer direclty to my TV i get 1920x1080 resoultion, however if I connect the HDMI output to the Yamaha reciever and then output that via HDMI out to the TV i 1024x768 as the only available resolution.

Do you think this is a limitation of the reciever or am I missing something?

If its pertinent the PC has a 512mb Radeon video card. Running Windows 7 32bit. All HDMI cables are 1.3 certified.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Bryan

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

I believe I found out it was a limitation of the reciever, HOWEVER I was able to make it work a differnt way. What I did was I used the HDMI video out to the TV and used an optical audio out on an audio card to the optical input of the reciever. This works, and sounds good.

I purchased a WD Live TV box last week with the intention of using HDMI out of the WD Live to the HDMI in of the reciever. Then HDMI out of reciever to the TV. I was told this will work and have better results than the current connection I have, I just havent had time to try it. I will let you know how it goes.

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.