Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys , sorry for asking so much advice on if it should buy or pass on equipment or speakers i'm thinking about buying, but thanks to this site i saved a lot of money by not buying stuff that i might of bought if i didn't ask for help.

This guys wants like $300 or something and i really don't feel comfortable spending that much unless it's well worth it.

Should i just pass? or is the receiver good enough to maybe try to negotiate a better price?

Come on guys i know half of you would like to strangle me but i need your help.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Nope, seems fishy to me. You can get that same receiver from accessories4less for $50 more than he is asking
See the link I posted above.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..yea i dont really know if i even want or need for that matter a new receiver now that i actually got the Dolby Digial 5.1 surround sound working. I thought i needed something with Hdmi ports. Even tho i cant get the Lossess audio i'm ok with that for now because this is my first time every really having the real surround sound so i'm happy with what i have now.

but i still have that itch. maybe i can get better sound from my speakers if i get a newer receiver you know?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for that link, i will be way better off saving and getting something better from there, there's so many choices tho i'm gonna have to be patient and get something that i'll be happy with for a while.

i don't need the best of the best.. but i don't want to feel like i should of got something better.. so i guess it's a tough choice to make

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks..yea i dont really know if i even want or need for that matter a new receiver now that i actually got the Dolby Digial 5.1 surround sound working. I thought i needed something with Hdmi ports. Even tho i cant get the Lossess audio i'm ok with that for now because this is my first time every really having the real surround sound so i'm happy with what i have now.

but i still have that itch. maybe i can get better sound from my speakers if i get a newer receiver you know?

Hey thanks for that link, i will be way better off saving and getting something better from there, there's so many choices tho i'm gonna have to be patient and get something that i'll be happy with for a while.

i don't need the best of the best.. but i don't want to feel like i should of got something better.. so i guess it's a tough choice to make

The 677 is pretty new, but also has a load of features you may not need. Maybe you should look at something like a RX-V375 or 475 on Accessories4less. I've seen some great deals on refurbs there. If your current AVR doesn't even support HDMI, then an entry level AVR will be a vast improvement. (I don't recall what you told you had before. You were thinking of getting an RX-V750 a week or so ago?)

When you say "This guys [who?] is offering [some component] for [some price]," I'll just repeat "Buy the seller, not the component." You'll have to use your judgement in deciding to buy from a private seller.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Huh? Nevermind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts