Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finished my lattest sub for the movie room.
100_2176.JPG

I was so happy with how its turned out, but the my wife came home and said that it too big.

My lounge is very small so im going to hang my LCD and speakers and get rid of the cabinet.

My question is. I have a double garage right next to my lounge room, is it posible to make a box in the garage and have a manifold into the lounge and port into my lounge to free up space?.

The only restriction I have is the depth of the box can only be 500mm (can be allittle larger if the resonates are to high, the height and width are endless.

Having said this what would be the ultimate box size and dimension for a LLT using a IXL 18.2.2 and a ep2500. Im in Australia so this is probably the best choice as its hard to get good subs in Aus with low fs and high xmas.

Any help will be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its internal, not including the wall or manifold.

In this picture the wall you can see is were the sub will be.

I still need to able to park my car.

I still want to corner load the sub, so would it still work if it was mounted roof height? as I have 11 foot tall ceiling in my garage, this means the box can have any dimension. My only concern would be the weight of the box?

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had thought of building a IB either using the DLUG or in the ceiling but I cant justify the :spend:, and then the wife :foottap:, and my current set up is enough to upset my neighbours now.

Any thought's would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much sound will be in the garage from the back of the sub?.

How much power will the sub take before xmas. Are you still happy with your IXL's.

Is there a minimum amp power to get high SPL?

Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
How much sound will be in the garage from the back of the sub?.
There will be some sound in the garage, but it will be muted compared to what will be happening in your HT.
How much power will the sub take before xmas.
The sub reaches Xmax with 800 watts.
Are you still happy with your IXL's.
Yes, "upgraditis" stopped after I got a pair of these subs. They are everything I need, and have worked flawlessly since day one.

Is there a minimum amp power to get high SPL?
500 watts will do it.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sub looks great to me....shame about the wife :no:

Corner loading will work no matter the height of the driver in the corner. Just seems like a lot of work when you already have a great looking sub you really like.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That funny you say that Steve. Im sure plenty of people can relate to me on this.
Started with
35 lt tuned to 35hz (this tooked your breath away with music) Movies:thumbsdown:
then
60 lt tuned 29 hz Great for movies and music (still needed more)
now
100 lt tuned 22hz Movies :T and still music is great.

When is enough. enough

From what i've read only when you have a LLT subwoofer.:laugh:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a long weekend down in Aus, I decided to clean up the HT. I thought I would have to get rid of the new Sub until I hid the 100lt beauty by lying it on its side and tucking away my speakers which has made the wife :bigsmile:.

Im posting the old set up and the new.

Big thanks to Mike for his help to build the sub, it sounds great. :clap:
So here it is;

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will still buy the mach 5 18", just for fun. I will start a new thread when I get one. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My brother is a painter and decorator and has some experience with HT rooms, so yes you will see white speaker cloth and what would appear to be ducted heating, but in fact it will be a port and the manifold for the driver which you will not be able to see. I dont think my already damaged wall will tolerate a 18" monster hangle off it, so that would be the reason for the manifold from the box in the garage which will be. 20"x20"x4", just enough to get through the wall and the port.

Any ideas on this?

I will still take this path eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts