Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody. Just thought I would share my setup with you guys. I know if I had a place to research my DIY speakers, I would have felt a lot more comfortable before dropping the money. Below is my setup. Feel free to message me and ask any questions.

Zaph Audio ZRT 2.5 - EXCELLENT speakers. They are really a steal for the dollar. Everything is relative but having owned and experienced many many high-end speakers (DALI, Dyn, Martin Logan, Genesis) I can tell you these really stand out in the crowd. BEAUTIFUL mid-range. The only thing I can gripe about is the dynamics. For most everyone, they would be great, but IMO I would not use these for something like a theater. Music gives that rich, warm, relaxing feel to the music. Absolutely great.

Audio Analogue Puccini Settanta - integrated amp. A small little guy at 70w/ch into 8 ohms and 125w/ch into 4 ohms, but it does the job. I can tell the speakers are dying for more though.

Cardas wiring throughout keeps that great midrange going and never breaks the bank.

Macbook Pro - running in a MBOX 2 PRO. I had the MBOX laying around so I figured why not put it to use as my DAC. The combo sounds great and was REALLY inexpensive (sans the choice of the computer, which does not effect the SQ.)

HT part of things (quick run-down)
Samsung 55" 6000 series LED
Sony HS51 projector
Elite Screens 106" electric drop-down screen
Sony PS3
Subwoofer (RLP-12 w/ Dayton 500w plate amp)
DirecTV HR21-700

So there is my humble setup. Not shabby for a college kid. Work hard and life will reward you. I hope you guys enjoyed reading. Hopefully, someday, I will get some pictures up into the gallery. Until then, feel free to message me. Thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you do not mind sharing how do you have your HS51 calibrated? I have the same unit and love it but was curious if I have mine calibrated correctly. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really did not calibrate it much. Just used a few suggestions and my own eye. I use it for just sports every now and then. I picked it up for $200 and it does the job. It has the shift of red to green from left to right so calibrating it doesn't do a whole lot. I will send you a link that may help you though.

-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts