Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched it tonight and thought it was funny as !!! Some things were silly but I really liked it 8.5/10....

Am I that far off the norm?

Jim

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I watched it on Saturday and I thought it was great! I think the silly things are partially what made the movie so great.

I found myself having a blast throughout the film and laughing out loud on numerous occasions.

It's gotten pretty good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gives it like a 89% fresh rating, which is PRETTY good for a movie like Zombieland.

Woody Harrelson is just awesome in this movie.

·
Banned
601 Posts
'Shaun of the Dead'? Of course, hard to top that one indeed. :bigsmile:

* But I heard good things about 'Zombieland' too. :bigsmile:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
...and it can be a little tough to do a "fun" movie like this without it being pretty stupid.
Save this one for the understatement contest for the year!:rubeyes:

There are a few things in the world that I just can't tune in to. Zombie films are one of them. Sorry, I just don't get the humor nor the fun in this stuff.

·
Banned
601 Posts
Well it is absolutely over the top, that's for sure. You need to shut down your brains for these. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Save this one for the understatement contest for the year!:rubeyes:

There are a few things in the world that I just can't tune in to. Zombie films are one of them. Sorry, I just don't get the humor nor the fun in this stuff.
Well, it depends. If you mean the fun in the couple of recent zombie-comedy movies, then the fun is taking a well established genre, and playing on some of the generally accepted principles to twist them (i.e. hey... zombies tend to be very slow moving and stupid).

If you mean you don't get the zombie genre itself, then there's not much I can do to sell it to you, it's not everybody's thing. For whatever reason, I like these types of movies, although I'm hardly a connoisseur or an elitist who would classify the "28 Days/Weeks" films as non-zombie, or get down on the comedies for trashing the genre. I guess what I'm saying is that it's just something you happen to enjoy, or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts