Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Full Metal Jacket

Especially the first 10 minutes. I read a story about Kubrick and Ermey. It was a fact that Ermey was not cast for the film, he was just a consultant. Kubrick went with him after Ermey sent him a video where Ermey went on improvising insulting dialogue towards a group of Royal Marines while people pelted him with oranges and tennis balls. Ermey rattled off insults for 15 minutes, and he did not flinch. After seeing this Kubrick cast him and was one of the very few people Kubrick allowed to ad-lib. It was also said that during the first ten minutes when Ermey uses the term "reach-around" Kubrick stopped filming to ask Ermey what it meant!

I would link to you tube but the language rules on this forum are clear, and if you want to see it you can search for yourself!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Sergio Leone was really master at his craft and way ahead of his time. His style is still being copied left and right today. Its too bad that studios won't let movies like that be made anymore. Everything has to move so quick now. Sadly the days of those long wide beautiful shot and landscapes are over I think.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Most of my favorite movies have been mentioned already including Full Metal Jacket, Memento, Young Frankenstein, American Beauty, 2001 etc. but I think my most favorite would have to be Pulp Fiction - if it is on TV I can't help but sit and watch it all the way through. I know a lot of you don't like the language and violence but I think the movie is very well written, acted, directed and edited (RIP Sally Menke).

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
My favorite films that i can watch time and time again are Braveheart, Gladiator and more currently 300. I'm still waiting to see Robin Hood, that one looks like one that i could watch more then once and still feel passionate about.:T

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I'm a bit of a sci-fi nut, and a fan of James Cameron before he saw blue :D. T 1+2 and Alien(s) are some of my all time fove films.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I agree that genre rating would really help; with that said, a movie that was quite entertaining to me...

UNFORGIVEN

A dark, despicable storyline with actors that play the characters perfectly, and makes one reflexively :yikes: The tone and mood of the movie just sucks you in, even when you've seen it before. A true pleasure to watch Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman at the top of their game.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh Brother Where Are ThouWow !!! I love this movie too...and I also bought the cd.This movie is one of my " cheer up" movies .The characters are simple folk and the humor is just way out there!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used to play this little game where I'd pull out all my dvds/hddvds/blu-rays just about 2 inches farther on the shelf. Just so they all stuck out a little more than usual. Then I'd take the first two and push back in the one that I like least of those two. Then move on to the next pair; so on and so forth.

Once I got to the end I'd have half the movies still sticking out a couple of inches, so then I'd continue on with the first two left sticking out. Some decisions were clearly easy, but many were really tough. But, for some reason, this way it's easier to narrow down my top 10, top 4 and eventually, I'd only have my "favorite movie" remaining.

For years and years it came down to Shawshank Redemption and Fight Club. Every single time I played this little game, Fight Club won out and the result never changed. But I haven't played in a while. ;)

Since then I think Dark Knight and Inception would really give Fight Club a run for it's money and I can firmly say that Avatar is now my favorite movie of all time. I saw Avatar 4 times in the theater in 3d Imax. I've never seen any other movie in the theater more than twice. At least, now I can say I have a pretty solid top 5! :T

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Scrolling through the thread I saw a lot of movies that had slipped from memory but are very worthy of being on the favorites list.
I wouldn't say this is my favorite movie but for some reason "Driving Miss Daisy" just popped into my head.
I really enjoyed this movie and I thought parts of it were very funny.
If you have never seen it I think it is worth a look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The fugitive was a great a movie. but im all about the sound so my favorite is star wars. im not a star wars nerd or a trecky but i can sit for hours and watch the trilogy. its what i was born to do my family says.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I don't know my most favorite movie, but one of them is V for Vendetta. I could watch it a hundred times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm.. I got lots of favorite movie but I find it hard which among them was the best wahhh! :crying: Well anyways I'll pick one because they are all equal for me ahaha

The movie "A Walk to Remember" would be my pick! :T First, it was originally from the writings of Nicholas Sparks (i love most of his writings..). Second, it made me cry. Then, I like the chemistry of Mandy Moore (Jamie) and Shane West (Landon). That makes me fall in love with the movie.. And lastly, the cause of watching the movie over and over again that I remember most of the movie lines.. I recite it myself while watching the movie (funny though hahaha) Sample: "It's like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.." hahaha :T

..what's yours?? :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to me there are two best source of entertainment one Movie and TV shows both are best ways to getting for some time entertaining. Whenever I am free then mostly I like to watch latest Movies and some movies are really good like;-
1 inception
2 bad Teacher
3 Thor
4 Fast Five
5 Captain America
6 Iron Man 2
7 Karate Kid
8 Black Swan
9 SALT
10 Final Destination parts
11 SAW parts
12 Terminator Parts